Thursday, May 3, 2012

Rapunzel Dress

Last month I showed a sneak peek of the fabric I bought for this dress here.

I was on a mission to find some cute Rapunzel fabric that was different.  When I saw this pillowcase I knew it would be perfect.  (note, you can also find it here at Target.)

My mother based this dress on the pattern she found here.  In addition to the Tangled pillowcase, she used one white pillow case to line the dress because the tangled pillowcase is thin. 
She also made her own casing for the tie because she didn't want to lose the flowers at the top.
My mom embellished the front of the dress by embroidering it....
Once again, my mom hit this one out of the park!  She took an crazy idea of mine and made it into a beautiful one of a kind dress for her grand-daughter. Just AMAZING!! 
Again, THANK YOU MOM for making these for Lily!  I truly appreciate all of the time you took making these beautiful works of art!  LOVE YOU LOTS!

Linking to these parties, here.
Get Your Craft On Tuesday

My Signature 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin